Different types of courses/programs are eligible for funding for LCFN members through the education policy/department.
The following are examples of eligible courses/programs that will be considered for funding:
- Those programs that lead to a Certificate, diploma or degree, e.g., Culinary Arts Certificate, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N.), Masters of Arts (M.A.) and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D),
- The above must also meet the following criteria:
- Have secondary level courses as a pre-requisite for entry;
- Be a minimum of one (2) academic years in length;
- Have a certificate, diploma or degree awarded when completed;
- Be an accredited program offered at an accredited institution;
- Post Graduate studies that meet the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree as a minimum requirement
- Have a diploma or certificate awarded.
- Have a minimum of 75% of their courses recognized as credit toward a degree at a recognized public P/S institution.
- College Preparation. All new students are required to write an English Assessment. Where the program a student is entering requires the completion of provincial level Math as a pre-requisite for entry, the student is also required to write a Math Assessment
To view full LCFN Education Policy click here